Only one pan is needed for these irresistible nachos. They can be prepared on the stove, on the BBQ or even over a campfire!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 1 bunch of green onions, thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 1 bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1 chopped tomato
- Salsa or taco sauce
- In a cast iron skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat (using the BBQ, campfire or stovetop) until no longer pink.
- Make a hole in the center of the meat and add the jalapeños and green onions.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and line the bottom of the hot pan with chips.
- Pour the ground beef and green onion mixture evenly over the chips. Top with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes and salsa / taco sauce.
- You can put a lid on top to trap the steam, which will help the cheese melt faster. Don't you have a cover? Use foil!
- Substitute different vegetables for the vegetables or use a flavored variety of potato chips.
- Use sausage or chicken for meat instead of ground beef
- Add avocados and sour cream on top. Be creative!
Recipe source: https://pipandebby.com/pip-ebby/campfire-nachos#_a5y_p=5614047